Throughout the caucus season, Drake University is no stranger to national political events, media personalities, and especially presidential candidates.
If you’re a Drake student, you may be surprised to learn that your classrooms and meeting spaces have hosted political leaders and media personalities. To find out about all the events Drake hosted during the 2016 caucus cycle, visit the We DU Politics page. And check back…as 2020 events are announced, they will be listed here.
To learn about using Drake facilities for a candidate or media event, find information here.
Check back soon for more events!
- November 11, 2019: Washington Post interview with Democratic Drake students about caucus politics in Cowles Library Reading Room
- November 9, 2019: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders summit on climate change with U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and others in the Bell Center
- November 9, 2019: Drake University College Republicans and Young Republicans of Iowa event with U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham and former U.S. Representative David Young in Cowles Library Reading Room
- November 3, 2019: Fox Nation interview with Professor Rachel Paine Caufield about the Iowa caucuses in Cowles Library Reading Room
- November 2, 2019: NAACP Des Moines Economic Freedom Presidential Town Hall featuring U.S. Senators Michael Bennet, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, & Bernie Sanders, former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro, former U.S. Representatives John Delaney & Joe Sestak, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Tom Steyer, and Andrew Yang in Sheslow Auditorium
- November 2, 2019: College and Young Democrats of Iowa’s Caucus-athon at Drake University
- October 26, 2019: Polk County Democrats event with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi in Sheslow Auditorium
- October 22-23, 2019: CBS Newspath interviews with Professor Art Sanders, his Media & Modern Politics class, and other Drake students about caucus politics at Drake University
- October 20, 2019: U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren at Drake Fieldhouse
- September 30, 2019: Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson on Pomerantz Stage
- September 21-23, 2019: Poynter Institute “How To Cover the Iowa Caucuses” 4-day workshop at Drake University
- September 27, 2019: Mental Health for US Unite For Change Rally: Iowa in Sheslow Auditorium
- July 22, 2019: AARP Presidential Forum featuring former Vice President Joe Biden, U.S. Senators Cory Booker & Amy Klobuchar, and former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper in Parents Hall
- July 22, 2019: MSNBC Morning Joe interview with former Vice President Joe Biden in Morehouse Living Room
- May 21, 2019: CNN Town Hall with former U.S. Representative Beto O’Rourke in Sheslow Auditorium
- May 4, 2019: U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar event on mental health and substance abuse in Kern Commons
- March 28, 2019: Presidential candidate Bill Haas in Meredith Hall 101
- March 12, 2019: Presidential candidate Andrew Yang at Theta Chi Fraternity, Gamma Tau Chapter
- February 5, 2019: CBS This Morning: Saturday interview with Iowa voters about the 2019 State of the Union Address in Shivers Courtside Club
- January 28, 2019: CNN Town Hall with U.S. Senator Kamala Harris in Sheslow Auditorium
- August 27, 2018: U.S. Representative John Delaney on Pomerantz Stage
Disclaimer: Drake University is committed to an open and productive exchange of ideas, allowing free and informed discussion of political affairs. As a tax-exempt educational institution, Drake University does not endorse or oppose any political party or candidate for public office.